Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ice man

Anglo-Saxon Traditions

50 posts in this topic

Something has occurred to me. This forum is practicing Anglo-Saxon traditions, or at least I am doing that when I am insulting Thrush. Some traditions make sense, other traditions, not so much. So to be sure this old tradition doesn't die out. I get an urgent need to say this to Thrush. You are rubbish! Can I have a beer now?   

1 person likes this

What about the Scottish traditions? :sly: 

Just now, Thrush said:

What about the Scottish traditions? :sly: 

They are disgusting. 

I watched the Time Team and there was a historian in the show saying the Saxons were insulting each other during their parties. Quite similar as what we are doing, don't you think? 

2 hours ago, Ice man said:

They are disgusting. 

I watched the Time Team and there was a historian in the show saying the Saxons were insulting each other during their parties. Quite similar as what we are doing, don't you think? 

Similar yes. I hope we're going to be having the later part of history where the Vikings arrived and bum raped the Anglo-saxons, are we? 

7 hours ago, Thrush said:

Similar yes. I hope we're going to be having the later part of history where the Vikings arrived and bum raped the Anglo-saxons, are we? 

Yes, but only if you ask nicely 

Yes, but only if you ask nicely 

:28:

5 hours ago, Thrush said:

You know resistance is futile, more painful for you and more fun for me   

1 hour ago, Ice man said:

You know resistance is futile, more painful for you and more fun for me   

I can't wait for Brexit. No more Viking visitors. :im_020:

18 minutes ago, Thrush said:

That doesn't stop us from having fun 

21 minutes ago, Ice man said:

That doesn't stop us from having fun 

It'll stop you "having fun" on these fine shores. :im_020:

3 hours ago, Thrush said:

It'll stop you "having fun" on these fine shores. :im_020:

No, not really 

12 minutes ago, Ice man said:

No, not really 

4 hours ago, Thrush said:

Whenever that'll fucking be!!!!

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, BossHogg said:

Whenever that'll fucking be!!!!

Well you got us in this mess. :28:

Me and millions of others so shut it buttercup! :raz: 

1 hour ago, BossHogg said:

Me and millions of others so shut it buttercup! :raz: 

Scotland voted no but like usual get overruled by Westminster. Roll on independence. :upyours:

5 hours ago, Thrush said:

Scotland voted no but like usual get overruled by Westminster. Roll on independence. :upyours:

Let the English to decide if they want to have Scotland as a part of the UK or not. 

1 hour ago, Ice man said:

Let the English to decide if they want to have Scotland as a part of the UK or not. 

That's not how it works. :fu: 

If only! ;)

26 minutes ago, BossHogg said:

If only! ;)

The English would soon be complaining if the SNP in the Scottish parliament at Holyrood were running the British government. :im_020:

Well if they wanted that then your ancestors should have won more battles :fu:

2 people like this

2 hours ago, snafu said:

Well if they wanted that then your ancestors should have won more battles :fu:

We ran out of English kings to kill. :im_020:

1 hour ago, Thrush said:

We ran out of English kings to kill. :im_020:

So that's why England has a royal family.....where is the Scottish royal family? 

In 1603 because Queen Elizabeth 1st died without an heir, we invited James 6th of Scotland to become King James the 1st of England.

This was regularised politically in 1707 when after many Scots had gambled away their life savings and needed money the Scottish Parliament signed the act of union.

So our royal line of succession is derived from Scottish blood and the previous English line of succession was from French blood!

To sum it up the Scots should stop complaining because they brought all this on themselves!!

2 people like this

As to brexit the difference between the votes was less than 2 people in 100 so millions of people voted against leaving.

Never in history have constitutional changes been decided on so slim a majority.

And the reason for all the uncertainty is a lack of plan because the remainers didn't expect to lose and the brexiteers didn't expect to win and now neither of them know how to go about it in a manner which won't wreck the UK economy.

And neither side will admit that brexit WILL wreck the economy. Jacob Rees Mogg, HAS admitted that it will be FIFTY years before we see the benefits of trading independently of Europe.... BUT he personally will benefit and has already benefited to the tune of 7 million pounds due to his investments in a gold Trading Company which is benefited from the plunging pound.

So that's why England has a royal family.....where is the Scottish royal family? 

The Queens mother was Scottish and they have other Scottish ancestry. :fu: 

2 hours ago, The REAL Alan Marsh said:

In 1603 because Queen Elizabeth 1st died without an heir, we invited James 6th of Scotland to become King James the 1st of England.

This was regularised politically in 1707 when after many Scots had gambled away their life savings and needed money the Scottish Parliament signed the act of union.

So our royal line of succession is derived from Scottish blood and the previous English line of succession was from French blood!

To sum it up the Scots should stop complaining because they brought all this on themselves!!

Yes but we don't like how it's gone. :lol!: 

We got a conservative British government and Brexit that no Scottish majority voted for. :im_020:

2 hours ago, The REAL Alan Marsh said:

As to brexit the difference between the votes was less than 2 people in 100 so millions of people voted against leaving.

Never in history have constitutional changes been decided on so slim a majority.

And the reason for all the uncertainty is a lack of plan because the remainers didn't expect to lose and the brexiteers didn't expect to win and now neither of them know how to go about it in a manner which won't wreck the UK economy.

And neither side will admit that brexit WILL wreck the economy. Jacob Rees Mogg, HAS admitted that it will be FIFTY years before we see the benefits of trading independently of Europe.... BUT he personally will benefit and has already benefited to the tune of 7 million pounds due to his investments in a gold Trading Company which is benefited from the plunging pound.

I like Rees-Mogg. :coat:

But the English voted to leave the EU, they can do the same with Scotland. A Scexit and to build up the Hadrian wall again 

44 minutes ago, Ice man said:

But the English voted to leave the EU, they can do the same with Scotland. A Scexit and to build up the Hadrian wall again 

We can keep our oil and gas resources instead of wasting them on England. :im_014:

You'll need them to cover all the free stuff your lot give away. ;)

10 hours ago, BossHogg said:

You'll need them to cover all the free stuff your lot give away. ;)

Just you worry about where your petrol, diesel and gas is going to be coming from. :im_020:

3 hours ago, Thrush said:

Just you worry about where your petrol, diesel and gas is going to be coming from. :im_020:

Same place as always because the internationally recognised maritime border follows the direction of the land border. It does not, as the SNP has tried to suggest suddenly run as a horizontal line. The upshot of this is that plenty of the oil and gas fields would remain English not Scottish. :fu:

Plus as the biggest customer for refined products from Grangemouth is England it would be economic suicide for Scotland to turn the supply off.

2 people like this

19 hours ago, Thrush said:

I like Rees-Mogg. :coat:

He is a slimy two faced back stabbing sycophant! He is the epitome of Walter from the Dennis the Menace stories!

DPYmjONW0AAzNtG.jpg

6 hours ago, snafu said:

Same place as always because the internationally recognised maritime border follows the direction of the land border. It does not, as the SNP has tried to suggest suddenly run as a horizontal line. The upshot of this is that plenty of the oil and gas fields would remain English not Scottish. :fu:

With 90% of the tax generated going to Holyrood and not Westminster?

Do you mean the onshore oil and gas fields under people's land and homes with lower yields than the Scottish offshore reserves?

:fu: 

6 hours ago, snafu said:

Plus as the biggest customer for refined products from Grangemouth is England it would be economic suicide for Scotland to turn the supply off.

Or supply Europe instead? :im_020:

15 minutes ago, Thrush said:

With 90% of the tax generated going to Holyrood and not Westminster?

Do you mean the onshore oil and gas fields under people's land and homes with lower yields than the Scottish offshore reserves?

Or supply Europe instead? :im_020:

No you are falling for SNP propaganda. Offshore reserves are not 90% Scottish.

And apart from the expensive process of shipping oil and gas a short distance, you would to supply Europe via England. So you'd have a bit of problem there jock :fu:

3 minutes ago, snafu said:

No you are falling for SNP propaganda. Offshore reserves are not 90% Scottish.

And apart from the expensive process of shipping oil and gas a short distance, you would to supply Europe via England. So you'd have a bit of problem there jock :fu:

"According to Dr Alex Kemp of the University of Aberdeen, over 90% of total tax revenue from oil and gas is generated in Scottish waters. This is ensured by the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS). The ‘medium line’, used when oil was discovered in the 1960s and in 1999 when considering fish stocks, would also place the vast majority of reserves in Scottish waters so at least 90% of the oil being Scottish is an accepted fact and when official Government figures allot North Sea revenues to the Scottish accounts they do so on this basis."

We can build a new pipeline directly across to Europe. 

29 minutes ago, Thrush said:

"According to Dr Alex Kemp of the University of Aberdeen, over 90% of total tax revenue from oil and gas is generated in Scottish waters. This is ensured by the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS). The ‘medium line’, used when oil was discovered in the 1960s and in 1999 when considering fish stocks, would also place the vast majority of reserves in Scottish waters so at least 90% of the oil being Scottish is an accepted fact and when official Government figures allot North Sea revenues to the Scottish accounts they do so on this basis."

We can build a new pipeline directly across to Europe. 

Funny somebody from Aberdeen has that interpretation  :roll:

Mind you. Considering the bunch of morons we have in Westminster its likely they would accept it. :roll:

1 person likes this

42 minutes ago, snafu said:

Funny somebody from Aberdeen has that interpretation  :roll:

Mind you. Considering the bunch of morons we have in Westminster its likely they would accept it. :roll:

I'm not worried, Nicola Queen of Scots has got this! :crazy:

1 hour ago, Thrush said:

I'm not worried, Nicola Queen of Scots has got this! :crazy:

Neither will the English if they rebuild the Hadrian wall without any gates 

42 minutes ago, Ice man said:

Neither will the English if they rebuild the Hadrian wall without any gates 

Not if we rebuild it first. :im_020:

We should take a leaf out of Trump's book, build the wall and give the sweaties the bill. :lol!:

6 minutes ago, BossHogg said:

We should take a leaf out of Trump's book, build the wall and give the sweaties the bill. :lol!:

You mean the Trump wall that's just going to be a fence and paid for by the US? :fu: 

You're just a Mexican with a British accent! :lol!:

1 person likes this

19 hours ago, BossHogg said:

You're just a Mexican with a British accent! :lol!:

Don't know what you mean....

ClqxgI9.jpg

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Thrush said:

Don't know what you mean....

ClqxgI9.jpg

:confused::confused:..................:yikes:

2 people like this